background

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Day Has Come

The day has come;  well it came yesterday that is.

First of all, welcome family and friends! This is the first official post to my new blog of which is intended to be shared with my family and friends. I've been all over the map, but mostly off everyone's radar.. so I thought it was time take the public plunge and throw it all out there. If you're a nay-sayer or find yourself rolling your eyes at yet another "blogger" than please feel free to make your way to the top right hand corner of this screen and click the friendly "x" button. Because this is "Auntie Amber - Blog Time", as my niece KK would say. (I can't wait to share this particular story created by the funniest mini-human I know) Anyhoo, I'm a rambler, not a great speller and while I made A's- grammar is not my deal. So please let's not judge.

Welcome Greeting- Check
Blog Room Business- Check

First Blog- So I'm sitting in church yesterday and the pastor is talking about waiting for 2010 to be over. And oh how a loud clap rang out from the second to the last row of the balcony seating (yup , that where I sit since I can't ever make it on time) Ooo how I clapped, nodded my head and said a silent amen! For those who don't personally know me, I will share more at a later date- but its just too much of a story and actually isn't the reason for today's intro. post.
  So I've got that giddy school girl smirk I seem to carry these days, I'm clapping my hands and before he could make it too far into the next sentence- it hit me. I'm already there. Well not in the sense that the calendar year of 2010 is over for me, but man 2010 is o-v-e-r for me! How, what, when, what the heck am I talking about.
  At this point let me finish the story of yesterday's message, of course he went on to talk about there are no guarantees that 2011 will be any better and that we must rejoice in the times of where we are. I'm pretty sure he wrote the message for me. I mean forget the several thousands of other people that received the message- nope this one was certainly for me. I mean how else would my mind have concluded such things and already "got it" before he could even begin his talk? Needless to say, I was all ears on deck. And wheew.. it was a good one. My mind was racing faster than it has.. well in a good long while that is! There are several things that I left with yesterday, of which I'd love to share later, but for today I'm going to focus on one-

2010 is over for me. I have made it to the other side and I am magically blissfully happy. My dignity is in tact. My heart no longer races and feels like its going to explode. I'll shed a few sad tears after a few cocktails with the girls, but hold that horse- The tears I cried yesterday were pure- thankful- and joyful tears. 

It wasn't too long ago I was overwhelmed with emotion, couldn't get out of bed and found myself without two legs to stand on. I felt like I was knocked unconscious and being dragged out of the party by those who cared. My legs of life didn't seem to work anymore, much less have any clue as to where they would be headed. In my secret blog I've kept about marriage and divorce, I concluded September 18, 2010 with this. "Oh the day (of peace)- I know you'll be here soon." Knowing the day would come has been my sole motivation to put one foot in front of the other and walk blindly into a world I no longer recognized.
  It's been three months since I wrote that. In that time I've signed the final papers, I've quit my job, I've bought an investment property, I've sat in my robe until noon many days, I've played countless hours with my niece, I've joined a women's group at my church, I've danced my heart out, I've found solace in total strangers, but more than anything I've never believed so much in a God so good and the blessings he has for those who are faithful. I come from a tight circle of Christians, Jews and atheist- so lets not all start to run because I mention God.
  But instead hear a story of when my house fell silent and I could no longer make it on my own, I prayed. I pray a lot these days. I am by far not a perfect anything, but geesh- if I had not prayed and continued praying I don't know I could have gotten where I am so soon. Yesterday's realization that 2010 was already over simple because of my own ability to recognize that I was truly happy again- what an "Ah ha" moment as Oprah would say. Ok yes, if you want to run at the mention of Oprah than more power to ya! But in all seriousness, I realized for the first time yesterday as I was gleefully clapping for 2010 to be over- that I was actually rejoicefully clapping because I'm just straight up rejoiceful these days. I'm happy. I'm excited. I know what my new goals are. I've got some freakin' exciting things on my horizon. And gosh darn, I didn't even realize they were happening! I'm typing with such enthusiasm right now. Shaking my head in disbelief and wishing I were a better writer so that I could properly convey my excitement.
  I know there will be glimpses of sadness ahead. I know there are still uncertainties in my life. But by golly gosh darn- I have A-R-R-I-V-E-D and is just too sweet not to share.

The day has come, it was yesterday for me. And guess what, I've got today. And then... I've got tomorrow too! Oh what life.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love it! Keep writing :) I'll keep reading... This is so cheesy but, You Go Girl!! haha.

    ReplyDelete